The Southern Colorado Runners, a non-profit run completely by volunteers was founded in 1980 to promote running and fitness in Southern Colorado by:
- Hosting a number of road and trail races providing a racing forum for thousands of area runners.
- Hosting a women's only race to promote running in women in a friendly, low key atmosphere. See Women's Distance Festival.
- Hosting a monthly Prediction Series run free to all club members.
- Donating race proceeds from SCR races to:
- Local organizations and efforts to promote running and fitness such as: the Pueblo Nature Center, the Southern Colorado Trail Builders, the Pueblo Child Advocacy Center, River trail improvements, Pillars Park and other worthy recipients.
- Assist youth runners attending local and national running competitions.
- Providing race assistance to local organizations and non-profits hoping to raise money or awareness of an issue through the the sport of running, walking or fitness.
- Local organizations the club provides race assistance services include: the YMCA, Boys and Girls Club of America, Pueblo Chamber of Commerce, Pueblo Child Advocacy Center, Pueblo Diabetes Project, Southern Colorado Community Connections, Pueblo United Way, Micheal J. Fox Foundation, local schools and others.
- The club is a member of the Road Runner Club of America, through which it is insured.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Joining is easy and now it's easier than ever to run with friends!