FUNNER TO BE A RUNNER (F2BR)
Sunday, March 6th, 2016
Online Registration closed at noon 3/5/16
Free race for children 8th grade and younger as part of the Spring Run Off. The past two years have had over 450 kids in these races so please get registered early and assemble on the football field areas listed below by 10:30 a.m.
- 10:45 a.m.: 50 yard dash for kids Kindergarten and younger (starts on 50 yard line and goes to west endzone toward Abriendo)
- 10:50 a.m.: 1.2 mile run for kids in grades 4-8 (gather at BLUE balloons in end zone)
- 11:00 a.m.: 1.2 mile run for kids in grades 3 and younger (gather at RED balloons in the end zone)
The race was created to encourage young people to find out how fun it is to run a race.
The 1.2 mile run leaves the stadium, down the dirt road to the river trail, goes left (upriver) along the dirt trail, turns around by Wildhorse Creek bridge and returns on the concrete trail to the dirt road, onto and around the stadium track to finish at the regular finish line in front of the stands.
ONLINE registration open January 1st through March 5th. Bibs are handed out race morning to determine how many kids actually run for the official school counts. Please sign in and pick up bib at stadium Sunday morning by 10 am. We strongly encourage everyone to use online entry as managing the 400-500 kids on race day can be a bit chaotic (big surprise!)
- Regardless of how you enter, race day registration will close promptly at 10:15 a.m. on race day. We cannot make exceptions as we want to be fair to everyone involved and this will allow us to better manage the race.
- If a parent wants to run with their child, then they must register and sign waiver for the race just like the child (but does not count for school)
The school with the most students participating in grades K-8, gets to take home the traveling trophy. This has been an ongoing competition between two locals schools for 7 years. The first 6 years, Highland Park Elementary took home the award and in 2012, Sierra Vista brought a crowd of 133 kids to finally beat Highland Park and edged them out again in 2013.
2015 F2BR winners – Sierra Vista Elementary
2014 F2BR winners – Sierra Vista Elementary
2013 F2BR winners – Sierra Vista Elementary
Highland Park brought 120 kids in 2011 and won the
trophy 6 years in a row!
Sierra Vista brought 133 kids in 2012
to take home the trophy!