Southern Colorado Triathlon Team (SoCo-T2) is a U.S.A. Triathlon member and insured triathlon training club. SoCo-T2 is a club within the Southern Colorado Runners (SCR) club which is a member and insured by the Road Runners of America Club.
SoCo-T2 membership includes membership in both clubs:
- SCR running club enjoying all the benefits of the running club such as newsletter, website, discounts, club prediction series and volunteer recognition at annual banquet. Please consider volunteering at races to help support running in our community as SCR has been a leader doing this in Pueblo for over 20 years.
- SoCo-T2 Tri Club allowing members to participate in all triathlon training events covered by the USAT insurance (open water swims may require additional insurance or day license). Non-SoCo-T2 members may attend only one practice session as dictated by USAT insurance.
PURPOSE: The purpose of the club is to foster the sport of triathlon in Southern Colorado mainly through training opportunities and social connections to support all ages and abilities and those new to the sport.
TRAINING: see the training calendar for training events planned with the club.
- SoCo-T2 members are encouraged to race in any triathlon of their choosing. Many members will elect to race together at a certain event and are encouraged to invite others and support them in their efforts.
- Annual USAT members can state your affiliation with the SoCo-T2 club and earn USAT points for SoCo-T2.
- SoCo-T2 will annually host the Ordinary Mortals Triathlon (OMT) and Mini Mortals Triathlon (MMT)to
- Provide a high quality local triathlon for our community members to enjoy as well as showcase Pueblo to triathletes outside our area.
- Provide a fundraiser to support local efforts to promote cycling, swimming and running for a healthier and more active Pueblo community.
- SoCo-T2 club members are asked to either race in this local triathlon or volunteer, and recruit volunteers as it takes a village to host a safe, quality event. Adult club members are encouraged to help with the youth race to keep all the younger athletes safe.