Join us for a race or event, or better yet—volunteer!
SCR Events & Fun
It’s great to run with a group! It makes the time pass quickly (not to mention the interesting assortment of topics a group can manage to discuss when everyone’s brain is simultaneously being deprived of oxygen). The support and camaraderie you obtain from your group can be invaluable.
Many runners are looking to run with a group so we’d like to list your group run times, meeting location, pace and distance to share with others in the community:
SCR Predict Races
Free monthly races that test how well you know your pace over a variety of terrains and distances. Participate in 6 predict races each year and you earn a nice award at the annual award ceremony. Win the most points during the series and get an even better award! Many of the predict races include a potluck after the run that all are welcome to join. View Upcoming Predict Races
Monthly Business Meeting
The first Wednesday of each month via virtual meeting (during Covid-19 restrictions) we conduct club business. This includes receiving officer reports, organizing upcoming races, reviewing races that have taken place, considering requests for race or financial assistance as well and making other policy decisions. Read our club minutes to get a better idea of what goes on. Anyone is welcome to participate.
Fall Harvest Pizza Party
The October Predict run includes food, beer, soda for club members after the run. Check out the October calendar for details.
As an all volunteer organization we are ALWAYS in need of volunteers. Help at SCR races or in many other capacities.
Contact us today and get involved.
Volunteers earn points for volunteering and are given a nice award at the annual banquet if they accrue 50 during the year. Points are accumulated for two years. If 50 points are not accumulated in this period, they expire. It is the responsibility of each race director or SCR liaison to give the volunteer point keeper a volunteer roster.
POINTS ARE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS
- Race Director (25 points), except for Spring Runoff or Rock Canyon (50 points)
- Club officers, newsletter editor, membership coordinator, webmaster, predict series coordinator (50 points)
- Host a predict (10 points)
- Assist with the picnic (5 points), except for coordinator (10 points)
- Volunteer at a race (5 points per race)
- Write an article for the club newsletter “Footprints” or club website (5 points per article)
- Stuff the newsletter and eat peanuts and popcorn at the Gold Dust last week of the month (5 points per stuffing)
- Attend a monthly SCR meeting (5 points per meeting)
- Help plan and organize the annual SCR Award Banquet held each January (5 points), except for coordinator (10 points)
- Volunteer points keeper (25 points)