Southern Colorado Triathlon Team (SoCoT2)
SoCoT2 is a triathlon training club sanctioned and insured by USA Triathlon
Southern Colorado Runners & Triathletes Unite
SoCoT2 is part of SCR’s ongoing mission to support local running and local triathletes with additional training opportunities.
SoCo-T2 membership includes membership in both clubs:
- SCR running club enjoying all the benefits of the running club such as newsletter, website, discounts, club prediction series and volunteer recognition at annual banquet. Please consider volunteering at races to help support running in our community as SCR has been a leader doing this in Pueblo for over 20 years.
- SoCo-T2 Tri Club allowing members to participate in all triathlon training events covered by the USAT insurance (open water swims may require additional insurance or day license). Non-SoCo-T2 members may attend only one practice session as dictated by USAT insurance.
SCR plus SoCoT2 memberships are available for
- $25/year individual
- $45/year family
- SoCo-T2 members are encouraged to race in any triathlon of their choosing. Many members will elect to race together at a certain event and are encouraged to invite others and support them in their efforts.
- Annual USAT members can state your affiliation with the SoCo-T2 club and earn USAT points for SoCo-T2.
- SoCo-T2 will annually host the Ordinary Mortals Triathlon (OMT) and Mini Mortals Triathlon (MMT)to
- Provide a high quality local triathlon for our community members to enjoy as well as showcase Pueblo to triathletes outside our area.
- Provide a fundraiser to support local efforts to promote cycling, swimming and running for a healthier and more active Pueblo community.
- SoCo-T2 club members are asked to either race in this local triathlon or volunteer, and recruit volunteers as it takes a village to host a safe, quality event. Adult club members are encouraged to help with the youth race to keep all the younger athletes safe.
SoCoT2 is designed to:
- Promote the sport of triathlon to those living in and around Pueblo in Southern Colorado.
- Promote healthy, active kids through the club’s Youth Tri Training program that helps train area youth for the annual Mini Mortals Triathlon.
- Create a supportive network for athletes to train with and learn from one another.
- Host a high quality triathlon event locally each year as a fundraiser for the club and programs working to promote a healthier Pueblo through running, cycling and swimming. The Ordinary Mortals (adult) Triathlon
- Mini Mortals (Youth) Triathlon are intended to provide an opportunity to race locally and highlight the Pueblo area to athletes outside the Pueblo area.
Participate in USAT events, perks and challenges designed just for USAT Tri Clubs!
- National Challenge Competition – December to February – local prizes to our participants this year!
- Email Gwen your USAT membership number to be included on our team!